I suggest you ...

Public API

I used to use Trello for my GTD system, but I switched over to Moo.do a couple of months back because it's awesome.

My idea (which to be honest you're already probably considering), is to make a Public API available so that external services can manipulate your Moo.do documents.

My personal use case would be to write a script that would add an item to my Inbox list from Alfred (or bash maybe).

115 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mitchel Cabuloy shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David Rees commented  · 

At the vest least an "add to Moo.do" API would really help.

A Kamil suggests, An API is definitely possible by acting on the Google doc itself. You can see examples of this already in the APIs for Docs, Sheets, etc..

• Kamil Chmielewski commented  · 

What about modifying "Moo.do data" on GDrive with other tool? Is there a *Moo.do data* format specification?

• Philip Whiteside commented  · 

I think the difficulty in this would be the architecture of Moo.do. There is no web server holding all the data at which an API can operate. When you go to Moo.do your data is downloaded form Google Drive and then manipulated locally. With that in mind I don't believe an API is actually possible (happy to be proven wrong).

• Ben commented  · 

Agreed, this would be huge. Would love a command line utility for adding or searching by tag

• Richard commented  · 

Alfred or PopClip + Moo.do = *very* powerful... I'd say this should be a big priority :-)

• Justin Scott commented  · 

I'd also like to use a public API to build little commands for adding notes from outside the app.

Feedback and Knowledge Base