I suggest you ...

Markdown (or just a little bit)

I see you intend simplicity, and that is OK. But maybe a partial support for Markdown will keep the context "100% text" while allowing for some basic formatting such as bold, italic, underline, and links.

I know one can write an URL and it will be clickable, but a "human-readable" description for the link would be nice.

Block elements of Markdown (http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#block) might possibly make no sense, since the structure of the Moo.do document is the outline itself. But I think the span elements (http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#span) fit the philosophy of the application.

195 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alejandro JulienAlejandro Julien shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RebeccahRebeccah commented  · 

Is this only implemented for Premium? It doesn't seem to be working for me in Free.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Great addition. Just Great. ONE THING: the tasks are buggy; if one hits Enter and then Indent (i.e. Subtask) the cursor will not type. Also, is there a dependancy on the task feature? in other words, if one checks off all the boxes, does the main (unindented one) task gets checked off automatically?

• Alejandro JulienAlejandro Julien commented  · 

Excellent! I told you 2 years ago Markdown was the way to go ;) Now, everybody is jumping in. Great you liked my idea. Thanks a lot.

• long.lazulilong.lazuli commented  · 

I would love to use Markdown inside moo.do too.

GithubFlavoredMarkdown would be the best, to me :
        we could even use checkboxes : [ ] ans [x] for tasks !

• Philip WhitesidePhilip Whiteside commented  · 

My use case for Markdown:

The auto bold for items with sub-items are great. However I personally would like more control over this. I keep some headings in there all the time, even when no sub-items, so being able to keep these bold will keep the structure in place.

Example:
        **Inbox** (I want this always bold, but I also want to clear it out regularly)
        **Personal**
        ¬ **General** (I want this always bold, but as it's not a project that ever ends, it is sometimes empty)
        ¬ **Project X** etc
        **Vocation**...

• Guilherme LatrovaGuilherme Latrova commented  · 

Markdown in note please! I miss bulleted lists and other things there. I also want to add a prettier format for my urls.

• Jim ZennJim Zenn commented  · 

I also think the list item should support basic markdown like bold and italic.

• Dimitrios SpirouDimitrios Spirou commented  · 

Support of Markdown or HTML will be a killing feature for Moo.do. Especially if it implemented fro both Notes and tasks titles.

Feedback and Knowledge Base