I suggest you ...

Markdown (or just a little bit)

I see you intend simplicity, and that is OK. But maybe a partial support for Markdown will keep the context "100% text" while allowing for some basic formatting such as bold, italic, underline, and links.

I know one can write an URL and it will be clickable, but a "human-readable" description for the link would be nice.

Block elements of Markdown (http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#block) might possibly make no sense, since the structure of the Moo.do document is the outline itself. But I think the span elements (http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#span) fit the philosophy of the application.

195 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alejandro Julien shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminMoo.do Support (Jay) (Admin, Moo.do) responded  · 

We added Markdown support in the Outline, with # for headers, – or + or * for bullets, [ or [] or [ ] for tasks. And it also supports formatting, [links](links.com), and - for horizontal line. Thanks for the suggestion! Let us know how you like the change and if we can make it better.

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I've recently discovered moo.do and it was the combination of the outlining **and** markdown capabilities that make it a really appealing tool :)

• Rebeccah commented  · 

Is this only implemented for Premium? It doesn't seem to be working for me in Free.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Great addition. Just Great. ONE THING: the tasks are buggy; if one hits Enter and then Indent (i.e. Subtask) the cursor will not type. Also, is there a dependancy on the task feature? in other words, if one checks off all the boxes, does the main (unindented one) task gets checked off automatically?

• Alejandro Julien commented  · 

Excellent! I told you 2 years ago Markdown was the way to go ;) Now, everybody is jumping in. Great you liked my idea. Thanks a lot.

• long.lazuli commented  · 

I would love to use Markdown inside moo.do too.

GithubFlavoredMarkdown would be the best, to me :
        we could even use checkboxes : [ ] ans [x] for tasks !

• Philip Whiteside commented  · 

My use case for Markdown:

The auto bold for items with sub-items are great. However I personally would like more control over this. I keep some headings in there all the time, even when no sub-items, so being able to keep these bold will keep the structure in place.

Example:
        **Inbox** (I want this always bold, but I also want to clear it out regularly)
        **Personal**
        ¬ **General** (I want this always bold, but as it's not a project that ever ends, it is sometimes empty)
        ¬ **Project X** etc
        **Vocation**...

• Guilherme Latrova commented  · 

Markdown in note please! I miss bulleted lists and other things there. I also want to add a prettier format for my urls.

• Jim Zenn commented  · 

I also think the list item should support basic markdown like bold and italic.

• Dimitrios Spirou commented  · 

Support of Markdown or HTML will be a killing feature for Moo.do. Especially if it implemented fro both Notes and tasks titles.

Feedback and Knowledge Base